Curriculum development is focused on:
- College Learning and Teaching Charter and associated policies.
- College Pedagogical Framework – The 5 Ls of Learning.
- Acceleration and Enrichment.
- Growth Data and Learner Profiles.
- The Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL), Vocational Education and Training (VET), the Victorian Curriculum and a multi domain approach.
- eLearning and associated high impact resources.
- Student support.
- Special Needs and Differentiation.
- Opportunities for parallel learning in some domains.
Effective learning: With the development of a contemporary curriculum for a modern world at Kolbe, the content and learning strategies of the programs will aim to:
- Provide a broad, balanced and integrated approach to learning.
- Be dynamic and relevant, providing imaginative scope and intellectual rigour.
- Acknowledge and cater for the diversity of ways in which people learn.
- Value girls and boys equally and respond to their needs equitably.
- Encourage independent thinking and critical skills and the continuing search for truth.
- Integrate the use of available technology to enable students to be skilled and creative technicians, with an ability to reflect on and explore the social and cultural implications of technology.
Learning and Teaching Charter
5 L's of Learning
Home Study Policy