Curriculum development is focused on:
- Learning and Teaching Policy and Charter.
- The 5 Ls of Learning.
- Models of curriculum delivery.
- AusVELS, the Victorian Curriculum and a multi domain approach.
- eLearning and resources.
- Student support.
- Special Needs and Differentiation.
- Opportunities for parallel learning in some domains.
Effective learning: With the development of a contemporary curriculum for a modern world at Kolbe, the content and learning strategies of the programs will aim to:
- Provide a broad, balanced and integrated approach to learning
- Be dynamic and relevant, providing imaginative scope and intellectual rigour
- Acknowledge and cater for the diversity of ways in which people learn
- Value girls and boys equally and respond to their needs equitably
- Encourage independent thinking and critical skills and the continuing search for truth
- Integrate the use of available technology to enable students to be skilled and creative technicians, with an ability to reflect on and explore the social and cultural implications of technology.